Accountant in Beijing
Accountant in Beijing
China excites us, guiding Western companies drives us and the challenge of it all inspires us. 1421 Consulting Group is looking for an Accountant in Beijing.
In the year 1421, China discovered the world. During the Ming Dynasty Emperor Zhu Di (朱棣) commanded the fleets of Admiral Zheng He (鄭和) to conquer the world. Within two years they discovered Australia, New Zealand, the Americas, Antarctica, the Northeast Passage and circumnavigated Greenland. Through this journey the Chinese conquered the world on paper, because they requested all kings, warlords and tribes to submit to the emperor by signing a piece of paper. They did not wage a war, request taxes or enslave people. This striking difference is at the heart of explaining the difference between the West and China.
1421 Consulting Group is founded by Peter Pronk in 2011 and is aimed at bridging the gap between Western and Chinese partners. We guide Western businesses starting or staying in China with strategic consulting and local operational services. Why?
Because China excites us, guiding Western companies drives us and the challenges of it all inspires us.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our Beijing office is located in the centre of China and as such is considered the heart of China. This is where 1421 has been founded in 2011 and where our head office continues to thrive. Currently, 15 people work in this office to support our global work. This team is now looking for an Accountant in Beijing, who can help our company grow. This office supports our other offices and is constantly helping clients create the best value for their business in China.
1421 Consulting Group is looking for a new Accountant in Beijing to strengthen our Finance team. We are a leading consulting company that specializes in supporting Western companies setting up their business through strategy and business consultancy, market entry studies, legal, administration, company registration, quality control services, etc. In short, we offer a one stop service model. Through this model we are able to balance the initial investment needed to discover opportunities and open the Chinese market with the expected return of investment for our clients by using the strong network and knowledge of 1421 and its team.
ABOUT THE CULTURE
We prefer personal contact and building lasting relationships when working with our (potential) clients. We like to think in challenges, not problems and we always want to try and find a solution. We keep an open mind to our clients, our team, China and the world at large. We believe in the strengths of each individual and we always look for ways to combine those strengths to create an even better team. We enjoy working together and we have fun together. We are a family.
ABOUT THE FUNCTION
As the new Accountant in Beijing, you will assist the CFO and the Finance Team on a wide variety of financial responsibilities. In this function you will be responsible for ensuring our finance activities – and those of our clients – are performed properly, monitored sharply and adjusted diligently. Your responsibilities include:
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly bookkeeping according to CRP accounting principles;
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, annually tax declaration and issue FAPIAO;
- Daily e-banking transfer, foreign currency exchange, petty cash deposit or withdrawal;
- Responsible for monthly invoice sending and account receivable checking;
- Responsible for monthly salary calculation and individual income tax declaration;
- Responsible for company registration or cancellation steps;
- Responsible for company licenses annual inspection, renew, and annual report;
- Other tasks required by supervisor.
The Accountant in Beijing will receive support with the day-to-day responsibilities, however we expect you to show a high degree of responsibility for your own work. We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- 3 years of relevant working experience;
- College degree in accounting and in possession of an accounting certificate;
- Familiar with state tax and local tax procedure and tax regulations;
- Familiar with CRP accounting regulation and tax law;
- Good oral and written English skills & familiar with English financial reports.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and Kingdee accounting software;
- Detail orientated person with problem-solving skills.
The starting date for this function is dependent on when we’ve found the best possible match, but no later than May 2019.
ABOUT THE APPLICATION
If you feel convinced this job is supposed to be yours, please send us:
- Your motivation letter clearly describing your match to China, 1421 and the function;
- Your Resumé outlining your experience, education and responsibilities.
All applications can be shared with Emily Shi before April 1, 2019
Alexander visited China for the first time in 2002 to visit the province where his sister was adopted from. In 2017, Alexander joined the 1421 Consulting Group team as Growth Manager. He helped prepare the team for extra growth by aligning processes and people to a common goal and implementing a structured work method. Furthermore, he became responsible for the ongoing marketing activities. Executing this content strategy is the foundation on which 1421 has experienced growth in the past years.
What happened in the year 1421?
From 1421 to 1423, during the Ming Dynasty of China under Emperor Zhu Di (朱棣) the fleets of Admiral Zheng He (鄭和), commanded by the Chinese captains, discovered Australia, New Zealand, the Americas, Antarctica, the Northeast Passage; and circumnavigated Greenland.
Due to this endeavour we can conclude that “1421 is the year that the Chinese discover the world”.